Fatah went Fffttt.
Hamas hammered Abbas.
Apparently "moderate" and "corrupt" was not a satisfactory combination for the Palestine people. Now they get to see what the more "disciplined" Hamas can do.
There is all kind of speculation about what will happen:
- Israel will cut off discussions with Palestine
- U.S. will cut off discussions with Palestine
- Palestine will become the new Iraq and Syria
- Peace is dead
- Peace will mean that hostilities continue, but armies will not roll through neighboring lands
- Discussions will continue, but pronouncements will be less optimistic
- Palestine will continue to be a dangerous and fragmented sandlot
- Israel will continue to be the target of Islamic hatred for showing the world that a Middle Eastern nation can still be truly democratic and secular and successful