SEARCH BLOG: POLITICS
I enjoy the political banter on television, radio, and the internet... especially concerning the selection of the next President of the United States.
In keeping with the tradition of selecting and electing the best possible person for that position, I have created the list of "must haves" for the ideal choice:
- Must be open and honest, but keep secrets to protect us
- Willing to work with adversaries to get things done, but stands firm on principles
- Defends the morality of our nation, but never abridges the rights of individual's choices
- Is logical and doesn't succumb to emotion, but has strong feelings for those he represents
- Seeks to provide a government responsive to all the needs of its people, but believes in free enterprise and individual responsibility
- Favors helping our impoverished neighbors, but will strengthen our borders against illegal immigrants
- Will seek to expand free trade, but is an absolute defender of U.S. businesses and working people
- Will avoid international conflicts, but use our military to protect us from all enemies
- Will consult with Congress to achieve unity, but will do what is necessary to make sure our interests are protected on a timely basis
- Defends our history and traditions, but feels we must change with the times
- Is supported by Stephen Colbert, but is adored by Dennis Miller [you have to know comedians to understand this one]
- Is a favorite of James Dobson and the Rainbow Coalition
- Is young and energetic to stand the rigors of the presidency, but is mature and experienced to provide great leadership.