SEARCH BLOG: OIL and POLITICS
Our politicians tell us we are running out of oil soon:
- Oil field off Brazil may be world's third largest, agency chief says
- Bakken Oil Formation Holds Billions of Barrels in N.D.
- Husky Energy, Norsk Hydro Canada Announce Oil Discovery
- StatoilHydro makes oil discovery in North Sea
- Solana: Potential Oil Discovery in Llanos Basin
- Exall Announces Exceptional Flow Test on Oil Discovery
- PetroChina's New China Oil Discovery May Hold 2.2B Barrels
- BP Amoco To Update Mammoth GOM Oil Discovery Soon
- Pelosi: Democrats Will Target 'Big Oil'
- U.S. House Leaders Strip Alaska Oil Drilling From Budget Plan
- Alaska Oil Drilling Delay Could Cost $3 Trillion, Lawmaker Says
- North Coast closer to permanent protection
But all of that might be moot because no one seems to want refineries that are required to actually use the oil... not the politicians who rail against "big oil," not the environmentalists who want everyone to plug in their non-existent electric vehicles into electric power sources that don't exist, not the oil companies either who are looking for greener pastures... so to speak.
We have to hope that global warming will prevent a lot of people from freezing because they can't afford to heat their homes next winter.Can someone please save us from our politicians?Unfortunately, global warming has taken a vacation and more people will freeze next winter... and probably for many, many more to come... while our politicians tell us to buy tiny cars and keep chanting "peak oil," "no drilling here," and "CO2."
You can check the latest results of our politicians' efforts in the right column... oil and gas prices.