SEARCH BLOG: GLOBAL WARMING
Forget that John McCain has accepted the idea the human activity is creating global climate variation... the correct term... variation. Forget the economic consequences of limiting our energy supplies and use as populations increase. Forget the absurdities of the "cap and trade" scam for CO2 where no real reduction of CO2 actually occurs. Forget the reality that cold kills far more humans than heat.
John McCain has decided to jump on the "Change Is Bad" bandwagon.If earth's climate should warm up somewhat, what will happen is:
- There will be fewer deaths from cold and cold-related illnesses [which are far more than heat and heat-related illnesses]
- Growing seasons and ranges for crops will expand over significant portions of the earth
- Habitable ranges for most species will expand
- Less energy will be expended to heat homes and businesses along with a significant reduction [although an unimportant one] in CO2 production
What will not happen is:
- Immediate melting of the polar ice caps [most of the ice is in Antarctica which will hardly notice the difference between -100° and -98°] resulting in the inundation of coastal areas
- Loss of medical knowledge to treat warmth-related illnesses
- Loss of technical knowledge to run air-conditioning systems for a slightly longer period
Let's just say if choosing the next president came down to the position taken on climate variation, my vote would be "none of the above."Fortunately, there may be a few other issues to find someone for whom to vote.