SEARCH BLOG: ENERGY
Recently, James [John 14:6] Hansen of NASA/CO2 fame went ballistic against oil company executives because they didn't buy into Hansen's misguided and mistaken connection between climate and CO2.
James Hansen, one of the world's leading climate scientists, will today call for the chief executives of large fossil fuel companies to be put on trial for high crimes against humanity and nature, accusing them of actively spreading doubt about global warming in the same way that tobacco companies blurred the links between smoking and cancer.Unfortunately, too many politicians also have "seen the light" with regard to climate and CO2: a perfect political issue to hitch their wagon. The fact that more and more data show that Hansen and related computer models are not only wrong, but wrong directional against observed changes has not had the least effect on the Hansens of the world.
So, as we go into the 2008 political frenzy, the big climate and energy question should be: Obama... McCain, what's your plan? If Obama/McCain agree with Hansen, then they will want to dedicate their every effort to shut down...
- oil production,
- coal-fired electrical plants,
- all forms of automobiles that use either petroleum products or generate battery charges from coal/petroleum/natural gas powered generating plants,
- home heating and air conditioning systems,
- any form of electrical lighting other than solar or wind powered,
- any type of manufacturing [including solar cells, windmills, tidal wave generators] that requires the use of fossil-fuel related power, and
- any agricultural endeavors that require the use of fertilizers made from petroleum products and equipment powered by fossil fuel products.
I think I get the picture that Hansen has in mind...
Or maybe he is just trying to follow an old federal government buddy of his...
What do you think, Sens. Obama - McCain?
Further reading here.