SEARCH BLOG: ECONOMICS
Everyone wants to know what happened. How could so many things go so wrong in our economy? We are the richest, most technologically advanced, best educated, most productive, most innovative society in the world... so what went wrong?
- We decided that domestic manufacturing and capable, well-paid labor was a disadvantage
- We decided that cheap, illegal labor was necessary and would contribute to our wealth without draining our communities' resources or undermining our social values
- We decided that government programs were required for all who felt disadvantaged and could be paid by printing money
- We decided that gender, racial, and sexual orientation preferences were more important than merit
- We decided that corporations and profits were nefarious and should be controlled with mandates and more taxes
- We decided that limited, expensive, alternative energy was more desirable than improving and expanding existing, reliable energy
- We decided that service jobs and debt-based spending could keep the economy growing
- We decided that manipulation and deception were legitimate financial instruments
- We decided that everyone was entitled to happiness rather than the pursuit of happiness... and that happiness could be purchased even if you had no money of your own
But they did.