SEARCH BLOG: ECONOMY
A brief departure from the "Climategate" frenzy....
Damned if I can see a pattern.
- Dow spikes to 13-month high
- Gold surges to a fresh record
- S&P raises fears over health of some banks
- Economists bullish - but not about jobs
- Home building crashes 10.6%
- State tax collections in steep drop
- Ten Risks To Global Growth
- Germany warns US on market bubbles
"Stocks and gold are increasing in price while bank stability, jobs, home building, and tax revenues plummet; but there are many more global risks to growth that have prompted our allies to caution us about more economic bubbles that could burst."Time to stuff the mattress with cash, fill the basement with canned goods, and load the shotgun?
There are just too many areas of irrational action occurring in our Federal government:
- The rush to cripple our economy with onerous burdens of CO2 regulation
- The rush to cripple our economy with onerous health care legislation
- The rush to cripple our economy with onerous debt accumulation
- The rush to cripple our economy with onerous tax expansion
Perhaps it is time for the Democratic Party and the Obama administration to heed the words of George Monbiot, a journalist who forgot the need for critical thinking:
I apologise. I was too trusting of some of those who provided the evidence I championed. I would have been a better journalist if I had investigated their claims more closely.Perhaps the Obama administration and the Democratic Party controlled Congress would be better representatives of the people if they investigated the nature of the legislation they were pushing... even to the extent of reading it... and listened to the voices of those who have cautioned against such legislation... even the Congressional Budget Office... which has warned of the significant financial crisis that will occur if those laws are enacted.