SEARCH BLOG: CAP AND TRADE
An email from Penny Peiser provided the following links.
(1) U.S. DEMOCRATS MOVE TO BLOCK EPA ON CLIMATE CHANGE
(2) LAWMAKERS MOVE TO RESTRAIN EPA ON CLIMATE CHANGE
(3) COLD FEET: JAPAN RETREATS ON CLIMATE PLEDGES
(4) EU COMMISSION PLANS CARBON TAX ON TOP OF RUINOUS CAP AND TRADE
(5) ANALYSIS: CARBON CAPS THROUGH THE BACKDOOR?
Kimberley A Strassel, The Wall Street Journal, 5 March 2010
(6) CLIMATEGATE STATEMENTS FROM PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND STATISTICAL SOCIETIES
(7) CLIMATEGATE HEARINGS: UNCORRECTED TRANSCRIPT OF ORAL EVIDENCE
(8) OPINION: DAVID ADAM PERSUES THE INSTITUITE OF PHYSICS
(9) GREEN ACTIVISTS PLOT ‘STREET FIGHT’ AGAINST CLIMATE SCEPTICS
(10) GLOBAL WARMING MAY BE NORMAL AT THIS POINT IN GLACIAL CYCLE
Lewis Page, The Register, 3 March 2010
Almost a year ago, I wrote this:
Bill and I talked about this the other night... how long before Obama dooms his opportunity for a second term?Blunder 1: Political payoffs in the form of stimulus packages and bailouts to the Dems buddies.
Bill was under the impression that the General Motors situation would be his undoing... neither pleasing the left or the right wingers. I'm not so sure. I think there has to be two or three major blunders... and I think they will happen because of Obama's conviction that the U.S. voters and taxpayers strongly support his energy and climate notions... and are willing to pay the price for them.
Polls are unreliable sources of information for politicians to run a country. People will say what they think is the correct response to questions until it comes time to write the check. But when the reality comes that voters and taxpayers are going to pay much more for much less... the responses change... big time. [Read more]
Note... this was the Rasmussen poll when that was written:
Blunder 2: Pushing health care "reform" that will result in higher costs to individuals and businesses in form of both premiums and taxes, a huge federal deficit, and an erosion in the quality of health care.
Blunder 3: Crippling the U.S. energy supply through onerous and unjustifiable regulation.