SEARCH BLOG: INSURANCE
The insurance industry is about to get hit with new laws that:
- Require them to overlook pre-existing conditions
- Ban the practice of dropping coverage if a condition occurs
- Require them to pay for free preventive care
- Ban them from placing any limits on payments
- Provide tax credits for those who find their premiums too expensive
Now, if there were only a public option to make sure payments keep going down as my coverage goes up... and it has to make you help pay for my coverage by subsidizing me with your taxes... and then I can afford a third car and a condo in Florida.
... wait a minute. The wealthy get insurance because they can afford it and the poor get Medicaid [per President Obama], but the middle class is where the 30 million uninsured are? And nobody has to pay for it except the insurance companies through fees imposed on their profits? And businesses can give everyone raises? Wow! And Medicare get to keep its $0.5 trillion while keeping the program solvent for an extra decade while reducing costs to seniors? And the insurance companies pay for everything! Wow! Will they be classified as "non-profits" or "charities?"
Say could I get my insurance subsidized by the beer industry instead of the insurance companies?