SEARCH BLOG: OIL
For 86 days, oil spewed into the Gulf of Mexico from BP's damaged well, dumping some 200 million gallons of crude into sensitive ecosystems. BP and the federal government have amassed an army to clean the oil up, but there's one problem -- they're having trouble finding it.
At its peak last month, the oil slick was the size of Kansas, but it has been rapidly shrinking, now down to the size of New Hampshire.
Today, ABC News surveyed a marsh area and found none, and even on a flight out to the rig site Sunday with the Coast Guard, there was no oil to be seen.It seems that Mr. Obama's strategy for handling the crisis has been completely successful. Let's summarize:
- Mr. Obama prevented foreign ships from entering the spill area to capture surface oil which could be separated from the water and refined later.
- Mr. Obama prevented states from protecting their shorelines which allowed "tar" to cover beaches and sensitive shore areas thereby driving away tourism and causing many small businesses to suffer great harm... as well as thousands of employed persons to lose work.
- Mr. Obama paraded BP through the town square and got the Chairman demoted to a Siberian assignment after extracting $20 billion in tribute.
- Mr. Obama used the power of the federal government to interfere with efforts to cap the well allowing more oil than necessary to escape the well.
- Mr. Obama will now claim that he did "not rest until" the crisis was over except for several rounds of golf and several vacations.