SEARCH BLOG: GLOBAL WARMING.
For those of you who still believe there is honor among thieves, you'll be pleased with the government's latest attempt to find a crisis that requires a tax. If a corporation keeps two sets of books with the intent to mislead the public for financial gain, that would be fraud. If the government does the same thing, that would be protecting us from global warming; aka climate change.
Anthony Watts examined the weather data published by the government and found... 2 sets of books! One for claiming that the U.S. was experiencing record warmth... that's to support EPA mandates and potentially a carbon tax... and the other record... the real record that shows no such records.
If you have any interest in the lengths to which global warming believers will go to "prove" their position, you ought to read this:
Monday, January 07, 2013
SEARCH BLOG: GLOBAL WARMING.
Can"t Find It?
You can also use the "LABELS" below or at the end of each post to find related posts.
- Afghanistan (63)
- Automobiles (136)
- China (188)
- Climate Change (243)
- Crime (46)
- Culture and Conflict (348)
- Declaration Of Independence (19)
- Detroit (79)
- Duh Factor (324)
- Economy (726)
- Education (117)
- Energy (312)
- Environment (535)
- EPA (52)
- Ethics (107)
- Federal Reserve (97)
- Futurescape (55)
- Gasoline Prices (52)
- George Bush (107)
- George Orwell (20)
- Global Warming (437)
- Government (933)
- Health Care (182)
- Immigration (80)
- Iran (81)
- Iraq (111)
- Islam (159)
- Israel (56)
- Law and Litigation (155)
- Leisure and Travel (139)
- Logic and Reason (343)
- Michigan Service Tax (18)
- Natural Gas (86)
- Nuclear (117)
- Obama (491)
- Odds And Ends (186)
- Oil (330)
- Outsourcing (37)
- Palestine (14)
- Personal Relationships (106)
- Racial Relationships (49)
- Religion and Society (115)
- Rights (94)
- Romney (57)
- Social Security (21)
- Special Interests (171)
- Taxes (19)
- Traffic Signals (21)
- Time To Say Goodbye... Again
- I Forgot What This Post Was Supposed To Be
- Justin Bieber's Gun Assault
- Economy Flat Due To Less Government And Corporate ...
- Bad Day For Democratic Politicians In Michigan
- 4K Television Broadcasts Coming By 2025 Or Not
- Never Let A Crisis Go To Waste
- Detroit - How Low Can You Go?
- Ignoring Immigration Laws And Calling It Reform
- If Women Combat Soldiers, Then Children Combat Sol...
- Obama Explains The REAL Reason Assault-Style Rifle...
- The Egyptian Mafia
- Economic Recovery Ending?
- FBI Director Not Sure If President Can Order Ameri...
- Treasury Securities - U.S. Debt Greecing The Skids...
- Capitalism, Corporatism, And Communism
- How Do You Tackle A Kid In A Wheelchair?
- Indian Women Given "Weapons" To Protect Themselves...
- Women Okayed For Combat Duty... But Is That Okay?
- Obama Says "Shall Not Infringe" Is An Outdated Con...
- Federal Government Still Absolutely Not Serious Ab...
- The Politician's Answer To All Problems: Invest In...
- Cold Weather Consistent With Global Warming
- Good Thing Dick Wagner Of Alice Cooper, Aerosmith,...
- MLK - Still Dreaming?
- Obama: If We Can Just Raise The Tax Rates On the W...
- Whites To Qualify For Affirmative Action In Califo...
- Irony: Great Britain Used To Send Their Prisoners ...
- Russia Threatened By Global Warming Sea Level Rise...
- Sarah Palin Predicted This Three Years Ago... And ...
- They're Rioting In Africa And President Obama Is S...
- Gun Deaths To Exceed Vehicle Deaths Say The Feds
- Legal Assault Rifles In New York
- Michigan Governor's State Of The State Address Lar...
- Shoot 'Em Up
- New York Takes First Step Toward Abolishing Consti...
- White House Fails To Communicate With The White Ho...
- Obama And Biden: Don't Watch This Because You Migh...
- Chuck Hagel: Secretary Of Prevent Defense?
- Obama: A Nation Of Deadbeats
- N.Y. Times Rewrites Nuclear History
- Obama And Afghanistan
- Why Is U.S. Employment So Anemic?
- Can $150 Million Turn Around Detroit?
- Obama's Executive Order Regarding Firearms
- Gasoline Prices To Go Down... Up... Down... Up
- Obama's Main Man Endorsed By Iran
- Obama To Fight Climate Change
- Nobel Peace President Presides Over Expanding Glob...
- Letter To U.S. Congressman: U.S. Arming The Middle...
- New Government Conspiracy: Climate Change
- Democratic Ethics - What's That?
- Education Results By Race In A Wealthy, Perfectly ...
- The U.S. Is The Umpire In An Abbot And Costello Mi...
- Federal Government Absolutely Not Serious About Ad...
- Facing Another Fiscal Cliff
- Truck Becomes Snowmobile
- The Reality Of The Fiscal Cliff Negotiations
- A New Year
- ▼ January 2013 (59)
- ► 2012 (673)
- ► 2010 (441)
- ► 2009 (484)
- ► 2008 (545)
- ► 2007 (474)
- ► 2006 (188)
- ► 2005 (198)
Climate Change - What Is and Is Not (Short List)
- Dr. Benny Peiser - Climate and Social Commentary
- Images and Issues Related To Climate Change and Global Warming - downloadable 5.4mb Adobe file
- NASA - Earth's Fidgeting Climate
- NASA - Deep Freeze and Sea Breeze: Changing Land and Weather in Florida
- Dr. Pielke - A new paradigm for assessing the role of agriculture in the climate system and in climate change
- Dr. Pielke - Unresolved Issues with the Assessment of Multi-Decadal Global Land-Surface (3+mb pdf)
- Dr. Pielke - An overview of regional land use and land cover impacts on rainfall
- Canadian Scientists Views On Global Warming
- Dr. Patterson - Urbanization and Temperature Changes
- Dr. Patterson - Ocean Sediment Changes and Solar Influences
- Dr. Patterson - Geological Record and Climate Change
- .........Dr. Timothy Patterson
- Multi-scale analysis of global temperature changes
- Dr. Scotese - Climate History
- Dr. Hulme - Language of Climate Catastrophe
- Dr. Pidwirny - Causes of Climate Change
- Climate Science - Dr. Roger Pielke, Sr.
- ...........Dr. Roger Pielke, Sr.
- ICECAP - Climate Change Commentary
- ..........RealClimage - Scientific Staff
- World Climate Report
- ..........World Climate Report - Scientific Staff
- NY Times - Arctic's Tropical Past
- Associated Press - Coal and Climate Cooling
- Dr. Ray - Environmental Curmudgeon
Cost of Gasoline - Enter Your Zipcode or Click on Map
CO2 Cap and Trade
Henry Louis Mencken (1880–1956)... and one could add "not all human problems really are."
“The Divine Afflatus,” A Mencken Chrestomathy, chapter 25, p. 443 (1949)
It was beautiful and simple, as truly great swindles are.... The Government is on course for an embarrassing showdown with the European Union, business groups and environmental charities after refusing to guarantee that billions of pounds of revenue it stands to earn from carbon-permit trading will be spent on combating climate change.
- O. Henry
The Independent (UK)
FEDERAL RESERVE & HOUSING
February 3, 2006 Go back to 1999-2000 and see what the Fed did. They are following the same pattern for 2005-06. If it ain't broke, the Fed will fix it... and good!
August 29, 2006 The Federal Reserve always acts on old information... and is the only cause of U.S. recessions.
December 5, 2006 Last spring I wrote about what I saw to be a sharp downturn in the economy in the "rustbelt" states, particularly Michigan.
March 28, 2007
The Federal Reserve sees no need to cut interest rates in the light of adverse recent economic data, Ben Bernanke said on Wednesday.
The Fed chairman said ”to date, the incoming data have supported the view that the current stance of policy is likely to foster sustainable economic growth and a gradual ebbing in core inflation”.July 21, 2007 My guess is that if there is an interest rate change, a cut is more likely than an increase. The key variables to be watching at this point are real estate prices and the inventory of unsold homes.
August 11, 2007 I suspect that within 6 months the Federal Reserve will be forced to lower interest rates before housing becomes a black hole.
September 11, 2007 It only means that the overall process has flaws guaranteeing it will be slow in responding to changes in the economy... and tend to over-react as a result.
September 18, 2007 I think a 4% rate is really what is needed to turn the economy back on the right course. The rate may not get there, but more cuts will be needed with employment rates down and foreclosure rates up.
October 25, 2007 How long will it be before I will be able to write: "The Federal Reserve lowered its lending rate to 4% in response to the collapse of the U.S. housing market and massive numbers of foreclosures that threaten the banking and mortgage sectors."
November 28, 2007 FED VICE CHAIRMAN DONALD KOHN
"Should the elevated turbulence persist, it would increase the possibility of further tightening in financial conditions for households and businesses," he said.December 11, 2007 Somehow the Fed misses the obvious.
"Uncertainties about the economic outlook are unusually high right now," he said. "These uncertainties require flexible and pragmatic policymaking -- nimble is the adjective I used a few weeks ago."
December 13, 2007 [from The Christian Science Monitor]
"The odds of a recession are now above 50 percent," says Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Economy.com. "We are right on the edge of a recession in part because of the Fed's reluctance to reduce interest rates more aggressively." [see my comments of September 11]January 7, 2008 The real problem now is that consumers can't rescue the economy and manufacturing, which is already weakening, will continue to weaken. We've gutted the forces that could avoid a downturn. The question is not whether there will be a recession, but can it be dampened sufficiently so that it is very short.
January 11, 2008 This is death by a thousand cuts.
January 13, 2008 [N.Y. Times]
“The question is not whether we will have a recession, but how deep and prolonged it will be,” said David Rosenberg, the chief North American economist at Merrill Lynch. “Even if the Fed’s moves are going to work, it will not show up until the later part of 2008 or 2009.”January 17, 2008 A few days ago, Anna Schwartz, nonagenarian economist, implicated the Federal Reserve as the cause of the present lending crisis [from the Telegraph - UK]:
The high priestess of US monetarism - a revered figure at the Fed - says the central bank is itself the chief cause of the credit bubble, and now seems stunned as the consequences of its own actions engulf the financial system. "The new group at the Fed is not equal to the problem that faces it," she says, daring to utter a thought that fellow critics mostly utter sotto voce.January 22, 2008 The cut has become infected and a limb is in danger. Ben Bernanke is panicking and the Fed has its emergency triage team cutting rates... this time by 3/4%. ...
What should the Federal Reserve do now? Step back... and don't be so anxious to raise rates at the first sign of economic improvement.
Individuals and businesses need stability in their financial cost structures so that they can plan effectively and keep their ships afloat. Wildly fluctuating rates... regardless of what the absolute levels are... create problems. Either too much spending or too much fear. It's just not that difficult to comprehend. Why has it been so difficult for the Fed?
- Bruce Hall
- Michigan, United States
- Air Force (SAC) captain 1968-72. Retired after 35 years of business and logistical planning, including running a small business. Two sons with advanced degrees; one with a business and pre-law degree. Beautiful wife who has put up with me for 4 decades. Education: B.A. (Sociology major; minors in philosopy, English literature, and German) M.S. Operations Management (like a mixture of an MBA with logistical planning)