SEARCH BLOG: ENERGY
The U.S. has enjoyed a relatively mild winter due to a strong Arctic Oscillation that has prevented cold air from streaming down through Canada. The downside is we haven't been able to store a lot of extra food outdoors, but we're adapting.
Meanwhile, things are not as comfortable 1/3 way around the world.
From the BBC News:
Freezing Europe hit by Russian gas shortage
Even Rome has seen a rare fall of snow, closing schools and the ColosseumContinue reading the main story
Freezing weather sweeping across Europe has led to a shortage of vital Russian gas supplies to several countries, officials say.
An EU energy spokeswoman said eight countries had seen a reduction in gas due to increased demand in Russia.
She said the situation was not an emergency but was being monitored.
The cold snap is being blamed for scores of deaths in eastern Europe where temperatures have plunged to below -35C.Just a few questions for President Obama.
- What happens when the Arctic Oscillation becomes weak again and massive cold air streams into the U.S. between December and March... and your energy policies of interference and obstruction lead to shortages... especially if our friends in Iran and Venezuela decide to throw a monkey wrench into the world's energy supplies and prices skyrocket?
- Will there be another bailout provide enough money to everyone to pay for their energy needs?
- Would it not be better to get out of the way and ensure North American supplies are readily available... both natural gas and oil?
- Or will you bring back Rahm Emanuel to make sure another crisis doesn't go to waste... one that you helped to create?
- Or should we just hope that one of those multi-million dollar loans and grants to alternative energy companies leads to an energy miracle rather than a crony bankruptcy.
- Or are you lost in the windmills of your mind? [image source]