SEARCH BLOG: OBAMA.
Ah, for the good old days of President Jimmy Carter. A few riots in Africa; a little strife in Iran. But President Barack Obama has taken foreign-to-him policy to a new level. As stated in the Boston Herald:
While the foreign policy blunders have to fall squarely on the shoulders of President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Republican party is not totally without blame here.
MONDAY, JANUARY 07, 2013
"The Obama administration is doing a pretty good job of undermining any stability in the Middle East.
- Forced out an ally in Egypt and helped install the radical Muslim Brotherhood into power.
- Bombed an old, impotent Qaddafi in Libya and allowed his armaments to fall into radical hands which were later used against our own Ambassador.
- Is sending four naval frigates to Turkey which has threatened Israel and aided Hamas.
- Sent billions of dollars in aid and equipment to Egypt now under the control of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Sending arms to the Syrian "rebels"; aka, al Qaeda.
- Sending equipment to Lebanon which will fall into the hands of Hezbollah.
I sent the following to my U.S. representative, Mike Rogers, who is Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee:
"We've sent arms to unstable and potentially hostile forces and regimes in Turkey [yes, I know they are SUPPOSED to be an ally] Libya, Egypt, Syria, and now Lebanon.
Is there ANYONE in Washington with an ounce of sanity?
For God's sake, man, stand up and say something against this nonsense."
My guess is there is no one in Washington with either the sanity or the balls to stand up to this nonsense."It's one thing for Congressman Rogers to speak up to the media; it's another for Congressman Rogers to act in his official capacity as a congressman and halt the funding for such foreign misadventures.