SEARCH BLOG: FEDERAL RESERVE
The Federal Reserve has been pretty quiet for awhile with regard to interest rates. Right now, there is no rational reason to believe that the Board would raise rates further.
- The economy is in a lull... maybe sliding slightly.
- The housing markets have tanked and home prices dropped drastically in some areas.
- There is no shortage of workers and, if that should happen, Mexico is prepared to fill the need.
- Oil, as a commodity, has not increased or changed much recently (although gas prices have increased due to restrictions on building new refineries).
- Irrational because there is no economic driver for that
- Irrational because the Federal Reserve would be acting irrationally