SEARCH BLOG: POLITICS
Received in an email and verified as "mostly true" on Snopes.com:
After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.
As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.
Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.
Got your calculators handy? Let's recap:
That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that's the kind of man Mitt Romney is!
- Volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
- Unpaid intern in Governor's office 8 years.
- Mormon missionary in Paris 2 years.
- Unpaid bishop and stake president for his church 10 years.
- No salary as president of the Olympics 3 years.
- No salary as MA governor 4 years.
- And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income....Obama gave 1%
- Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%
This is real character vs....well you know what!From Martin Luther King, Jr.:
Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or squander my money on vacations. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the "Spending President" has gotten us into.
We didn't know that when Obama said he'd give us change, he meant nickels and dimes, and he would get the big bucks.
We won’t like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background can do it.
But, on the minus side,
- He never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot.
- Never got drunk. Did not associate with communists or terrorists.
- Nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US ....
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.